We are pleased to communicate the annual Atlas Scholarship Program to assist the scholarship winners who will “go new places” as they pursue their undergraduate education. This program is now in its 11th year as recognition of our commitment to higher education and to provide financial support to our Atlas World Group families.
The Atlas Van Lines Professional Van Operator Scholarship is available to any Atlas U.S. - Qualified Professional Van Operator’s child who meets the eligibility requirements.Atlas U.S. - Qualified Professional Van Operators whose children are eligible for this scholarship include: Atlas direct lease drivers, independent contractors leased to Atlas agents, Canadian Van Operators who are qualified with Atlas U.S., and agent-employee drivers, all of whom will have at least one year of service as of August 2015.
In keeping with Atlas’ long-haul business, children who are in college for the “long haul” and have attained the rank of Junior or Senior (3rd or 4th year equivalent) for the fall enrollment at an accredited college or university are eligible to apply. Each year, one scholarship recipient will be selected at random from all eligible applicants and will be awarded a $4,000* scholarship to be used toward any costs or expenses incurred in attending school.
Scholarship Program Criteria / Eligibility:
- child of an Atlas U.S. - Qualified Professional Van Operator at the time the award is paid (dependent child up to and including age 25);
- student must be considered a full-time student as defined by the college or university
- student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or comparable); and
- scholarship will only be awarded one time to the same student.
Application Procedure and Dates:
- complete, sign and return the application form by July 10, 2015; and
- submit the verification form completed by the college or university by July 10, 2015.
The required forms are available from the Atlas Headquarters Human Resources Department and can be requested by calling 1-800-638-9797 Ext. 2270 or via e-mail to AtlasHR@atlasworldgroup.com.
Selection & Notification of Scholarship Recipient:
- The scholarship recipient will be randomly drawn from all eligible applicants and announced by July 24, 2015.
- Payment of the award will be made directly to the scholarship recipient by August 3, 2015.
- If the recipient is not eligible at the time the award is paid, the scholarship will be awarded to another eligible recipient picked at random.
* This amount will be converted and paid in Canadian dollars if a resident of Canada is selected as the recipient.