The Climate Fleet is a small owner operator fleet that runs nationwide servicing termperature controlled, crated and pad wrap less-than-truckload shipments, including fine arts, high value products, electronics, and other delicate equipment.
If you have 12 months experience or more transporting climate controlled shipments and handling special commodoties, consider an opportunity with the Atlas. Pay and other benefits are listed below.
Temperature controlled LTL Pad Wrap and Crated Special Commodities Shipments - Light loads of 15,000 - 25,000 lbs. including fine arts, electronics/machinery, and other high-value products.
A first-year mileage bonus is paid as an additional $.05 per mile. An additional annual mileage bonus begins in the second year that is paid on all miles above 65,000 each year and also increases each year thereafter (For example, per all miles +65,000: Yr. 2 = $.10, Yr. 3 = $.11, Yr. 4 = $.12, Yr. 5 = $.13, etc.).
Teams are preferred, but will also consider solo applicants. 100% Owner Operators (no competition with company drivers)
What is Included in Our Drivers' Mileage Pay?
- Mileage Base Pay - we pay ALL dispatched miles, loaded and empty
- Fuel Surcharge - paid on ALL dispatched miles, loaded and empty
- Handling Compensation
- Mileage bonus - In addition to base pay, you earn more the more miles you run, and your mileage bonus increases the longer you are operating with Atlas.
While many drivers are accustomed to being paid a percentage, our per mile model ensures you never have to be concerned about whether or not the freight you are hauling will provide you the revenue you need to be profitable. By combining our fuel surcharge with the huge discounts received nationwide, your income is stable regardless of fluctuations in fuel pricing. Likewise, your income is steady even when freight transportation costs plummet.
- Fuel surcharge paid on all dispatched miles
- Scale tickets reimbursed
- Nationwide Fuel Discounts
- Trailer and in-van equipment provided at no charge
- Atlas covers trailer maintenance costs
- Lift gates on all trailers
- Uniform allowance
- Flexible home time
- ComData Fuel Card (no hidden company charges)
- Paid permits and Cargo Liability Insurance
- Tolls paid nationwide (only 2 exceptions)
- Direct deposit settlements (weekly)
- National tire discounts
- Bobtail insurance is included in contract
- Cell phone reimbursement up to $50.00 per month
- Orientation pay and free hotel stay during orientation
- Fuel and mileage taxes filed for contractor
- Free Bypass weigh station service
- Free Blue Beacon Truck Washes
- Click here to see more benefits
- Health, Dental, Life Insurance available
- Nationwide toll discounts
- National tire account
- Maintenance program
- 24/7/365 road service assistance
- Travel service available
- No cost year-round riderprogram (18 yrs or older)
- Most pets allowed
- Copy of title or lease
- Tandem axle tractor, no older than 10 years
- Air ride suspension
- Fifth wheel height 48" maximum from ground
- Legal length with a 53' trailer and certified empty weight
- Must pass our D.O.T. inspection
- Tractor painted to Atlas specifications (talk to your recruiter about reimbursement)